Sitting Down with Anh, Owner of Young, Chic Decor Brand Willow Home & Living
Recently, we had the opportunity to speak with Anh who owns Willow Home & Living, the creative company behind many of the beautiful cushions we stock here at Lavender Hill Interiors.
Anh works off the philosophy that the right cushions can transform a room and set it apart from any other. She appreciates the colour and texture that cushions can bring to a space, ultimately leaving a design that feels coordinated and cohesive.
1. What path led you to where you are now with your home decor business Willow Home & Living?
My mum was a seamstress and at age 10, I was on the sewing machine helping her with simple sewing. I loved it and that’s how I earned my pocket money. So sewing and textile has always been part of me.
As an adult, I have always loved creating beautiful things and sharing it with everyone. I started with decorating and furnishing my own home. Then I went onto helping family and friends with their homes. This gave me the confidence to launch Willow Home & Living and to share my designs with everyone.
2. Have you always had an interest in textiles and design?
Definitely in design, I have always loved to design and to create things e.g. I made the curtains for my first home. I had also designed some of our furniture and had them custom made from scratch. It was a lot of fun and a rewarding process.
Home décor design had always been a huge part of me but I was not always limited to it. I was also very good with styling for events, something that came naturally for me.
3. What is your favourite part of your job and what is the most challenging?
I love styling and it gives me great pleasure to be able to help my customers. When my customers asks for styling advice, I literally just want to drop everything and help them. It excites me!
The most challenging would be getting our brand out there. The internet is such a HUGE space so it’s not easy to navigate through.
4. What inspires you?
My love for classic designs, flowers and nature. For example, when I designed our Hamptons/Coastal collection, I had made sure it’s not just only beautiful but sophisticated, timeless and suitable for the modern home.
5. Do you have a particular design aesthetic that you follow?
I do follow a few but my favourite style is classic and traditional designs but I like it with a modern twist. It’s not only beautiful and timeless but more fun and suitable for today’s modern homes and lifestyle.
6. Where do you see your business developing in the future?
I’d loved for my business to continue running successfully while still remaining boutique. I just love connecting with my customers. It’s the customer satisfaction that keeps me going.
Let's Get Personal .......
1. What else are you passionate about besides your work? - I just love helping others, whether it’s for business or as a community volunteer.
2. What is your most treasured belonging? - My grandmother’s jade bracelet. She had it for over 30years, it was then passed to my mum and now me. It’s so beautiful and special to me.
3. What's one thing people may not know about you? - I’m a terrible singer…absolutely terrible!
4. In 10 years I'd like to be .... If I’m lucky to still be doing this, I would love to share and expand designing service to other brands as well. My goal is to also have more time, to give back to the community.
5. What can't you live without? - COFFEE (Oh and my family too)
We look forward to seeing all of the amazing pieces Anh brings to us in the future, which are so important in our clients’ dream spaces.
We stock a selection of Willow Home & Living cushions - click HERE to view. If there are any other Willow cushions you would like please let us know and we can order them in for you.